Some interesting questions posed:
- How are extremely happy people different than extremely miserable people?
Can psychology make miserable people less miserable?
Can psychology actually make people happier?
- Can interventions build happy lives? What kinds?
- Flow experiences – during flow you can’t feel anything (good or bad), time stops, intense concentration.
3 Kinds of Happy Life.
- The pursuit of pleasure (not very effective alone)
- The pursuit of engagement (flow states)
- The pursuit of meaning
- Desigining a beautiful day (employing savoring and mindfuless)
- Gratitude visit
- Strengths date
- Fun versus philanthropy
Should we just stop at relieving misery? Or promoting skills of a happy life (pleasure, engagement and meaning).
For more information about positive psychology, see http://www.authentichappiness.org